Looks like the horrible stories that I have read in the forum has all happened to me.My building journey with Celebration Homes has been a total nightmare, especially this final stretch.The key-handover was scheduled on 4th April 2014 but it did not happen as I did not have a bank cheque with me. I'm officially house-less. I have been booted out from my current rental property as the homeowner is adamant not to extend my lease and I have no keys to my new house.
Put it this way, Celebration Homes and Commonwealth Bank have both let me down tremendously. They do not care about their customers. I am so furious and disappointed with their inefficiency despite giving them ample notice about my house-less situation. If only Celebration Homes were to be upfront and honest that the key handover will not happen from the start. I would have had plan B executed long time ago and not leave everything till so last minute. Thank god for quick availability of self storage warehouses so that there's shelter for my furniture and belongings. As for Commonwealth Bank, I have issued the final progress payment tax invoice to them on 27th March 2014 and yet no progress payment on day 8 today.
When a control freak and well organised person like me can't execute plans accordingly, it is very frustrating. I have booked in all the contractors this week to complete the house and it is extremely annoying to reschedule them. But what can I do?
Things that Celebration Homes have done poorly:
1. Inconsistency with the drawing plans and addenda - Make sure you check thoroughly whatever things you've requested at the beginning is all included in the addenda. The site supervisor has not been doing a good job executing the requests.
2. Crossover was requested to be included at the beginning but it has not been done. The request was drawn on the site plan but not included in the addenda. Celebration Homes tried to get away from it but I didn't let them.
3. Water meter stated to be relocated from the driveway and has not been executed.
4. Extra row of tiles not installed in the laundry
5. Bidet/washing unit in the toilet have not been installed.
Frustrated that I can't get into my own house.
Seriously? Water meter smacked in the driveway??